Aviation Accident Lawyers
Aviation Accident Attorneys in Los Angeles and Washington, DC
ALASKA PLANE CRASH KILLS NINE
GERMANWINGS 4U 9525 UPDATES
AIRASIA FLIGHT 8501 UPDATES
JETBLUE FLIGHT 1416 UPDATES
MALAYSIA AIRLINES FLIGHT 17 UPDATES
MALAYSIA AIRLINES FLIGHT 370 UPDATES
ASIANA OZ214 CRASH UPDATES
Serving Crash Victims and Families Nationwide and Internationally
The law firm of Baum, Hedlund, Aristei & Goldman, P.C., has handled some of the largest airline disasters and aviation accidents in history. Our team of lawyers, investigators and other professionals know what it takes to prepare a case for successful resolution after all types of crashes from single occupant accidents to mass disasters.
At Baum Hedlund, our aviation accident lawyers thoroughly investigate, analyze and prepare personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits arising from all types of aviation accidents, including:
- U.S. airline accidents
- Private aircraft accidents
- International aviation accidents
- Helicopter accidents
- Sightseeing air tour accidents
- Charter plane accidents
- Air medical accidents
Baum Hedlund Aviation Snap Shot:
- Over 70 airline crashes successfully resolved across the globe
- More than 650 individual aviation cases over the past 40 years
- Over $1.2 billion recovered by our firm in total; over half a billion for aviation accidents
- $17.5 million-our highest airline crash settlement for one passenger
- Extensive experience handling Montreal Convention cases
- Cases handled against all major US airlines that have ever had a crash since 1985
- Represented clients from six continents; 21 countries
- Extensive experience handling cases affected by the Death on the High Seas Act
- Cases handled against the majority of all U.S. aircraft parts manufacturers
- Among our attorneys are three pilots, including a former airline captain
- Extensive experience in complex choice of law and difficult insurance coverage issues
- Appointed to 14 aviation Plaintiffs' Steering Committees or leadership positions
- First U.S. law firm to get an official public apology from an airline for a crash
Caring, Personal and Effective Legal Representation
With their home office based in California, the experienced aviation attorneys of Baum Hedlund have successfully handled over 600 aviation accident cases throughout the nation and internationally. We are supportive of our clients' personal and emotional needs in the aftermath of an aviation tragedy, and we are relentless in our legal representation - fighting for truth, justice and accountability.
Our aviation accident team consists of 10 attorneys (three of whom are pilots) and 14 legal support staff, including paralegals and legal secretaries. Trial attorney Ron Goldman, a Board Certified Civil Trial Advocate with over 50 years of experience, manages all of our aviation accident cases. Ron has been a private pilot since 1980, and he developed and taught, for 21 years, the course on aviation accident law at Pepperdine University School of Law. His comprehensive knowledge of aviation accidents enables our firm to effectively analyze both the legal and technical issues of complex cases.
Also on our aviation accident litigation team, is attorney John Greaves, a former airline transport pilot and captain of a major commercial airline. With his legal skill and in-depth and unique insight into commercial airline practices, John helps us prepare strong and compelling air disaster cases. Our third pilot-lawyer is Tim Loranger. Tim worked as a jet aircraft mechanic while serving in the Marine Corps. He is also a private pilot and an active member of the Civil Air Patrol.
Baum Hedlund has successfully represented hundreds of clients in wrongful death and personal injury lawsuits against major airlines, private aviation companies and other aviation related parties. One of the firm's most significant achievements involved the successful resolution of our clients' case regarding the January 8, 2003 Air Midwest Flight 5481 Crash in Charlotte, North Carolina. As a result of our clients' determination and our dedication to the pursuit of justice, we obtained a successful settlement for our clients and an unprecedented public apology from the airline to all the victims and their families. Read more about the public apology
Handling Air Crashes for Over 40 Years
With over 40 years of handling mass disasters, the attorneys of our firm have been dedicated to helping the families affected by these tragedies get the answers they need and the justice they deserve. In order to determine and pursue all potential sources of liability, we analyze causes of the airplane or helicopter accidents and explore possible sources of negligence, such as corporate airline negligence, crew negligence, maintenance negligence and defective aircraft design.
Our attorneys have actively served on 13 Plaintiffs' Steering Committees (PSCs) following major air disasters, including the Plaintiffs' Executive Committee for the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks and PSCs for major aviation crashes involving Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Atlantic Southeast Airlines, Colgan Air, Northwest Airlines, Perris Valley Skydiving, Singapore Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines, and USAir.
AV Rated Attorneys who are Respected and Trusted
Our firm has received an AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating under Martindale-Hubbell's Peer Review Rating system* and is listed in the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers. We are respected among our colleagues and are trusted by clients. In fact, some clients come to us as a referral from past clients who have felt strongly about our dedication and diligence.
With offices in Los Angeles, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C., we represent clients throughout the U.S. and internationally.
For immediate assistance, or to schedule an initial free consultation or free case evaluation with an experienced aviation or plane crash lawyer, please contact Baum Hedlund, Aristei & Goldman, P.C.
* *AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories: legal ability and general ethical standards.
Free consultations • Servicios también disponible en español • Nous sommes fières d'offrir nos services en Français • 한국어로도 서비스를 제공해 드립니다 • Domestic and international aviation accident attorneys • Brochures, testimonials, and references available upon request
Our verdicts and settlements do not constitute a guarantee, warranty or prediction regarding the outcome of your case.